Valentine's Day

Today is V-Day! Its the dreaded day for most singles but for once its not bothering me. It's just another day, the way it should be.
My day start like any other Saturday, head out to Azusa, go to the library, grocery shopping, movies and dinner with friends. Typical right?
So why do we think if we're alone on Valentine's day its the end of the world? Or think if we're in a relationship we need some kind of gift (jewelry, candies, etc.)?
I say be happy you're not with a jerk like Chris Brown? I rather be alone than with the wrong person.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Tam,

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. Keep in mind that Valentine's Day isn't really anything more than a day created by the shopping industry.

If it makes you feel any better, Richard and I stayed in and listened to our smoke detector go on and off while I roasted a chicken. Really, it was just another day...just louder...a LOT louder...no cards, no flowers, no mushy sentiment. Just like any other Saturday except we stayed in for dinner instead of going out.

*hugs*

Popular posts from this blog

Fiction Friday: Summer's Passion

Fiction Friday 8.14.09

Fiction Friday!!